Ramp agents spend their working hours loading and unloading cargo and baggage weighing from 30-100 lbs. These items need to be moved in a space about 25 feet long and less than 4 feet high. In most cases this involves either throwing or sliding objects with great force, which causes numerous problems for ramp agents, airlines, and their customers.
The current system provides significant risk of bodily injuries as well as damage to aircraft and cargo. Sliding cargo is slow, and ineffective. The alternative of throwing objects can result in damage to aircraft and cargo. In addition, ramp agents can easily injure their backs by sliding or throwing cargo. The physical demands of the job alone cause inefficiencies in operations that stress ramp agents and cost money.
TISABAS (pronounced ti-SAH-bus) could very well revolutionize the way ramp agents handle the loading and unloading of narrow-bodied aircraft around the world.
Currently narrow-bodied aircraft are loaded / unloaded manually or with a very expensive piece of equipment. The former antiquated method results in high injury and turnover rates among ramp agents, damage to aircraft and luggage, and other issues all of which are very costly to airlines. TISABAS solves these problems easily and efficiently.
Ramp agents will move more weight in less time, be less stressed while doing it and sustain fewer injuries.
TISABAS is designed to save airlines money while making ramp agents’ jobs easier and safer.
• What are your costs in overtime to cover an injured employee?
• What is your personnel cost of the injured employee? (Just one injury will almost triple your workers comp premiums.)
• What is your cost to hire and train a new agent?
• How much do inexperienced employees cost you?
• Would a more experienced work force lower your management costs?
• How many delays were caused by aircraft damage last week alone?
• How much did it cost to fix damage to aircraft bellies?
• What did damaged baggage claims cost you last month?
• What were your costs for damaged cargo?
• Did your cargo loading process cause any aircraft delays last week?
• Did you bump any cargo because your crew was too tired and simply bumped it?
• Are you spending too much time dealing with customer complaints?
TISABAS is significantly different than other aircraft belly-loading equipment which may, on first glance, appear to provide a similar function. These differences save time, lower costs, create efficiencies and, most importantly, provide a safer work environment for ramp crews. Specific operational savings from TISABAS occur in these areas:
In addition, other loading options in the market don’t solve some of most common problems. Those issues include:
The expense often goes well beyond those caused directly by these issues. In an example shared by one carrier, another belly-loading option was purchased at significant cost and subsequently shelved as ineffective.
TISABAS™ eliminates the need to throw heavy baggage, mail and cargo the length of the aircraft. This makes ramp agents’ jobs safer, easier, more efficient and saves your airline money.
Contact us for a conversation about the way TISABAS will benefit loading and unloading at your organization.